"complaints and replies"

About: NHS Lanarkshire

(as a parent/guardian),

This goes back to my request for information about my wife's treatment and no communication from staff.

Information was given in writing to me and a meeting arranged to speak about this.   I had a very good meeting with them but when the notes from meeting were sent there were certain things I was not happy with so I asked for more information on these.  I am now disappointed as they have changed some of the original answers that we had the meeting about and I can't ask them why?

In one reply it's from a Doctor who had left the hospital before the information I'm looking for.

In another answer I was told that the Doctor had documented what was discussed (I assume that was our meeting we had before I was given permission to take my wife home as they were discharging her the next day).  I am now told that there is nothing documented about a brief meeting that I know lasted at least 20min.

In the other I am now told a different reason for them not giving her antidepressant.

In the same reply they say that the Doctor reviewed my MOTHER on 3 occasions and the information is about my Wife's treatment (who passed away November last year).

I am disappointed that answers to questions can be changed and no checks made and they send them out with no way of discussing them with someone.

I feel hurt that I now could have done more for my wife.

Response from June Delaney, Senior Nurse, Medicine, Monklands Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Moviecafe

I would greatly appreciate you contacting me, I can clearly see from your post that you remain unhappy and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your outstanding concerns. You can contact me via Monklands Hospital switchboard, on 01236 748748.

Warmest Regards