"Friendly staff helped my daughter's care"

About: Monklands District General Hospital / Ear, Nose & Throat

(as a parent/guardian),

My 16 yo daughter had a tonsillectomy at the DSU recently and I would like to praise all staff involved in her care & treatment.

She was extremely anxious and the staff went above & beyond to make the whole experience a little easier for her. Each member of staff was helpful, friendly, understanding and caring.

Especially the staff nurse who monitored my daughter in recovery, pretty sure her surname was Miller...well done! NHS needs more nurses like you.

Keep up the great work folks. Thank you all so much!

Response from Karen Black, Senior Nurse, Surgical & Critical Care, Monklands Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear nel emm

Thank you for taking the time to post your daughters experience in the Day Surgery Unit at Monklands Hospital.

It will be my pleasure to pass on your kind words of encouragement and I'm sure the nursing staff will be delighted that they managed to relieve your daughters anxiety which resulted in an easier experience through her surgery. Nurse Miller will be thrilled to have a special mention.

I hope your daughter is recovering well following her operation, and pass on our best wishes to her.

Kindest regards