"Gallbladder surgery"

About: Kettering General Hospital

I had a consultation in March, where it was agreed that I needed my gallbladder removed. It is now August and I haven't heard a thing - so much for the 18 week guidelines! I called both the waiting list number (answer machine) and the consultant's secretary (again answer machine) and despite leaving a message asking to be called back, I have heard nothing since.In the meantime I am suffering gallbladder attacks which are getting worse with no sign of a surgery date any time soon.

Response from Kettering General Hospital

We would like to apologise that you have experienced a longer than expected waiting time for your surgery.

The Trust has acknowledged that there is currently an issue with the Referral To Treat waiting times and are working with partners to resolve this as quickly as possible.

Currently, in line with national guidance, patients are offered dates for their surgery in accordance with their clinical urgency and length of wait.

If you feel that your symptoms have changed please contact your consultant's offices or get in touch with me via the hospital switchboard with your patient details.

Finally, I would like to apologise for the issues you have experienced when calling the Waiting List Team, we are working to address this issue.

Many thanks for posting this feedback.

Jean Knight