"Broken collarbone, 15 years old, still waiting"

About: Lincoln County Hospital

My 15 year old brother got taken there with a broken collarbone, where he received no aftercare information or clear instructions on painkillers, we live an hour away from Lincoln hospital and where told to come back the next day for a cast to be put on, we arrived and there was no one there to do it, after travelling an hour in the car, it's like they don't take children in pain very seriously, how can you leave a 15 year old with a sling for one of the most painful breaks you can get after making him travel for an hour to get there, can't even transfer to a hospital closer. Very dissapointed especially as my brother was in pain and was not helped. [it seems the hospital has not improved since my dad went in, in 2011, after having a serious motorbike accident and was very rudely treated and not looked after to high standard]

Response from Chris Sharman, Patient Experience Support Officer, Patient Experience, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you very much for these honest comments.

Whilst negative feedback can be difficult to read, it is extremely important to us, as it helps us to understand where we are not getting things right for our patients, and to learn and improve.

It would be really useful if I could share your feedback directly with the teams involved in your brother's episode of care but to do this I would need a few more details from you.

If you would be prepared to e-mail me at Christopher.sharman@ulh.nhs.uk with your brother's full name and date of birth I can make sure your comments are seen by the right members of the team.

In the meantime, if there are any ongoing issues with your brother's care, you may wish to consider contacting our PALS team on 01522 707071, who will be able to assist you.

With regards,

Chris Sharman,

Patient Experience Support Officer

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the care of you brother. Unfortunately, reiterating the response Chris has already posted above, it is not possible to investigate your concerns without your brother's name, or details.

If you would like to email again with your brother's details we should be able to address the concerns you have raised.

We look forward to hearing from you.

With Thanks,