"Lyme Disease"

About: General practices in Lanarkshire

I have been ill since I was a teenager with various symptoms. If you look at my records it would be obvious that I have Lyme Disease yet my doctors still say I have fibromyalgia and have had no treatment. They are willing to prescribe lots of drugs to mask a lot of my symptoms but will not offer any cure. Over 40 years of being ill. Sometimes begging them to do something. Went with lists of my symptoms, which they were uninterested to sometimes even look at. I was treated with eye rolls and smirks when I told them some of my symptoms and at one appointment recently was told I could only mention two symptoms! This is not care.

Response from Kathryn Ferguson, Patient Affairs Manager, Primary Care Division, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear EH1

Thanks for getting in touch - however I was sorry to read about your recent experience with your GP. I can completely understand why you felt your request wasn't listened to or actioned.

If you would like me to pass on your concerns to the practice manager of your GP practice I'd be more than happy to assist, if you can contact me directly on 01698 858 292 or via email kathryn.ferguson@lanarskhire.scot.nhs.uk

Many thanks