"Very poor reception management and customer care"

My husband attended this clinic in order to get a wound dressing changed, we stated this clearly to the receptionist.

We were told they normally only changed dressings that had been applied by the clinic, however it would 'probably be ok'.

I asked the receptionist to check because we didn't want to wait in the queue (with our 2 children also waiting) if they wouldn't do it, we were told it would be fine. We waited over 90 minutes before being called by the nurse, who told us it was a GP issue.

We explained we were away from home, visiting relatives and hence not able to attend our GP and having seen the minor injuries unit advertised online as dealing with wounds we thought this would be the best option.

The doctor then arrived and told us to contact my mother's GP to get an appointment. We had arrived at the unit at 2.15pm, 15 minutes after opening, and by now it was gone 4 o' clock.

I said to the doctor it was now too late to contact my Mother's surgery and that the fault lay with the receptionist.

Had we been told at 215pm to contact my mother's GP we may have managed to be seen.

It was too late to tell us this after having us wait for over 90 minutes. I tried to then appeal to their good nature and said that seeing as their receptionist had made the error and said we would be seen, on this occasion could they please change the dressing. The nurse clearly replied they were not qualified in wound management which is very worrying, working at an incident clinic.

We said surely the nurse must be able to change a dressing and they told us if it was 'a little old lady' then maybe they would do it but that we should contact my Mother's GP or attend the walk-in clinic in central Croydon.

They blankly refused to treat my husband.

Very poor customer care and shocking that the nurse feels they can pick and choose who they treat.