"Dermatologist disregarded issues"

About: Chesterfield Royal Hospital

Dermatologist disregarded the issues with my skin completely, literally ignored every attempt by me to broach the subject, came across as if just reading from a preprepared script, then proceeded to prescribe the same cream I had from my gp which I repeatedly told them hadn't worked, this fact was glossed over, having had skin problems since 8 years old I was expecting much more help from a specialist, the cursory glance at my medical history was laughable, the feeling of being let down by those purported to be helping is insufferable, despite not having the money I will have to save to go private to get treatment, on the whole I feel I paid for transport to the hospital for under 5 minutes of useless diatribe from an uncaring alleged specialist.

Response from Chesterfield Royal Hospital

I was really sorry to read your post this morning, which clearly describes how let down you feel after your visit to clinic.

Would you be willing to give the Assistance & Complaints Team a call and tell them more about what happened?

I would like us to try and help resolve this for you and was concerned that you felt the only option was to pay to be seen privately.

I do hope you read my reply and give the team a call on 01246 512640. Kindest regards Sarah Turner-Saint Head of Communications