"Recent surgery"

About: Pilgrim Hospital / Gynaecology

On 9th August I had major surgery. I was obviously very anxious about this. I have been to several departments including, out patients, pre-assessment, path lab, daycase, theatre and M2. I am happy with the care I have received in every department. I am recovering well and all went well thanks to Mr Ikhena and his team of doctors and nurses. If I had to pick just one person to mention it would be the theatre porter who took me down for my surgery. He had a smiley face and a kind heart (sorry can't remember his name). Just what you need when you are anxious and totally in the hands of others.

One negative point is that some of the written information given at pre-assessment appears to be quite dated and could do with a review. For example, it mentions seeing a Physio which didn't happen and the visiting times are incorrect. Small things I know, but important.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear 999,

We are pleased as a team that you were happy with the care you received from both our medical and nursing colleagues on M2 and this will be fed back to the team.

With regards,