"10 Calls (11 now) to change an appontment?"

About: Royal Surrey County Hospital

I was sent a letter confirming an appointment made for me with Audiology.

The date clashes with an important conference for my work so I need to re-arrange the appointment as soon as possible.

At 9:10 am I made my first attempt via Audiology's direct numbber-after a couple of minutes of ringing their phone clickdd into a recorded message which is totaly unrelated to my rason for calling. Then the call was ended.Repeat the process 10 times (direct calls, throught outpatient appointments, main switchboard and general inquiries. I got the exact same result every time. The final call was to the main number of the hospital (another 10 minutes) when I asked to speak to a manager.

I was put through to some phone in the hospital but nobody could be bothered to answer the call. I have not yet managed to re-arange my appointment after 10 attempts,. That is totally unacceptable.

Response from Royal Surrey County Hospital

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you have not been successful in your attempts to change your appointment.

Please email us at rsc-tr.communications@nhs.net so that we can get some more information and can arrange for a member of the audiology team to contact you.

Kindest regards,