"Thank you to the team of people involved in..."

About: Royal Sussex County Hospital

I was transfered to the RSCH from another East Sussex hospital after being diagnosed with severe preeclampsia at 25 weeks gestation. From my point of arrival staff were incredibly helpful and kind. As I needed one-to-one midwifery care I was on the Labour ward for 5 days and my husband and mum were able to stay with me and we're provided bedding so they could sleep on mats on the floor. The Dr's and Midwives did all they could to prolong my pregnancy but In the end I needed an emergancy c-section. The theatre staff were really supportive and understanding of my situation and how I felt & the procedure was explained.clearly to me from the outset. I also spent 5 more days on the antenatal ward. The midwives on the antenatal ward were wonderful and very understanding and paitent with me, which was really great as I was in both physical and emotional distress for several days.

Response from Royal Sussex County Hospital

I am so very sorry for the delay in this response, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to contact us with your very kind comments.

I was so very pleased to read that the staff involved in your care during such a difficult time were able to provide you and your family with such kindness.

I will ensure that these comments are shared with the relevant teams.

Best wishes