About: County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust

I rang NHS transport this morning around 8.30 am, to ask for transport to Bishop Auckland hospital for my weekly appointment at physio after a dislocated and full rotary cuff repair operation 4 weeks ago. I have only ever used this transport once in my 67yrs , as there was none of my friends or relatives able to take me. The member of staff whom dealt with my call was rude and made me feel 2 inches high, saying why could I not take a bus as I was not classed as unable to do so. Believe you me if I could have got any other way I would have done so, anything would have been better than the way I was treated on the phone. I am told that the phone calls are recorded so perhaps someone will be able to replay and recall.

Response from County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for leaving your comment on the website.

Unfortunately this is not something County Durham & Darlington Patient Experience Team can look into for you as we do not manage this service.

If you want to raise a concern or make a complaint about the phone call you made and the attitude of the member of staff you can contact the North of Tyne Pals service who could investigate this for you.

Their contact number is 0800 0320202 and their email is northoftynepals@nhct.nhs.uk.

Patient Experience Team