"Oppression in a care Environment"

About: Royal Stoke University Hospital

Man's inhumanity to Man certainly exists in A & E dept. Interaction between staff and patient is not encouraged or recommended.

When dialogue is essential staff talk in a monotone incongruent manner with and air of oppressive authority. When waiting to be seen or advised, which is the most of the time you are ignored with contempt. The final act of humiliation is served when you are seated in a wheel chair and taken to a holding area for an indefinite wait. I had arrived here under the recommendation of a paramedic who believed that I may be suffering from a bulged disk in my back. I have advanced Parkinson's and had been recently been diagnosed Sciatica on my left side resulting in paralysis and excruciating pain .

The wait of about two hours before my wife arrived amounted to cruelty. I could not walk had no access to the loo or my Parkinson's meds and left with no explanation.

Response from Royal Stoke University Hospital

We are so sorry to hear that you have had such a poor experience in our A&E department and we would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you further. I would be grateful if you could contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01782 676450 at your own convenience.

Angela Grocott, Head of Patient Experience.