"So professional, so efficient, I cannot praise..."

About: Chippenham Community Hospital

I went in to Chippenham Minor Injuries Unit with something stuck in my eye. I had woken at 3am with a sharp pain in my eye and despite bathing it, could not get rid of it. I was seen by a senior nurse who was so professional, calm, authoritative and efficient that I cannot praise the nurse highly enough. The nurse thoroughly checked my eye, gave me an anaesthetic, found the small chard stuck in the eye and removed it at first attempt. I was given antiseptic cream to help repair the damage to the cornea and detailed information about how to look after the eye. I am sure the staff at the hospital have a very difficult job, but the service I got could not have been better. The staff are brilliant, their service is brilliant, they are a credit to the NHS. Thank you so much!

For the hospital.

I visited around 11am on Thursday 11th August 2016.

Response from Chippenham Community Hospital

Thank you for your feedback on your recent experience of Wiltshire Health and Care Services provided by Great Western Hospital. Please be assured your comments will be passed on to the relevant staff, who will greatly appreciate them.