"Excellent hospital"

About: Royal Derby Hospital

I can not fault this hospital one bit - at 32 weeks pregnant I was found to have mild pre-eclampsia - little did I know in the space of just 14 days this would turn into severe pre eclampsia and be life threatening for both me and my baby. The staff dealt with my case in the best way possible and I am so grateful for all they did. My daughter is now a happy and beautiful 16 month old and if it wasn't for the labor ward, maternity ward, NICU unit and possibly most of all the HDU (high dependency ward unit) neither me nor my gorgeous daughter would actually be here today to tell the story. I will most certainly have my 2nd and 3rd baby at this hospital without a doubt, even when I came in with reduced movements at 28 weeks and 30 weeks they dealt with it in a very serious manner.

Response from Royal Derby Hospital

Good morning,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the time when you had your daughter at the Royal Derby Hospital.

We will make sure that your compliment is passed to the relevant teams, as well senior managers for these areas.

We are so glad that everything went well with your daughter and it was lovely to read that she is now a happy 16 month old.

The Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team