About: Salisbury District Hospital

I was 41+ weeks pregnant with my 3rd child and was advised by my midwife to go to Salisbury Hospital that day after noticing reduced movements of my baby, I hadn't even sat down in the waiting room before I was called in and put on a monitor straight away.

Within 40 minutes, I was rushed to theatre for an emergency c section. I had my two other young children with me as I had no childcare and it was arranged that one of the midwives would look after them for me so that my husband wouldn't miss the birth- I can't thank them enough. Once in theatre, I was quickly put at ease, all the midwives offering support, the consultants, surgeon and anaesthetist who were very professional and friendly and put my mind at rest, my baby was delivered safely and quickly and the after care was fantastic. All the staff are amazing and they do a fantastic job. Thank you very much.

Response from Salisbury District Hospital

Thank you for telling us about your experience.

It must have been an anxious time for you all and we are so glad to hear how well you felt cared for and supported.

Passing on your thanks to all those involved will be our pleasure, and we hope you are all enjoying your new baby.