"Right leg amputation Pine Cottage Colman Hospita l Norwich"

About: Colman Hospital

Thank you for the care and help shown to me during my recent stay at Pine Cottage, Colman Hospital in Norwich. Loss of a limb is a life changing experience, a big hurdle to overcome at any age both physically and psychologically and I can think of no better place to start this new journey.

For many older patients who may have been reduced abruptly to total dependence on others this can be a frightening experience needing special nursing and rehabilitation skills. My time at Pine Cottage, in a positive and caring environment and ongoing support through the re enablement programme has been an education in how a dedicated team can combine to help individuals literally ‘get back on their feet. ’

Thank you again. I feel very fortunate to have met the right people at an important time in my life,

Response from Christine Little, Patient Experience Lead, Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust

Thanks so much for your lovely comment about Pine Cottage. I know the team will be thrilled to have your feedback and to know what you experienced is exactly what they strive to do to help people re-enable and adjust following limb loss and the hurdles this brings to overcome.

I will make sure I send on your comment to the team and share within Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust

Best wishes