"Nothing was ever too much trouble"

About: Monklands District General Hospital / General Medicine

On Wednesday, I was admitted to ward 4 room 5 with a looped bowel and severe stomach pains. I was discharged on Saturday from the moment I arrived until I left I could never praise the staff enough for all their consideration and caring, right from the domestics to "Steve" the consultant who was especially caring, understanding and has a wonderful bed side manner. Nothing was ever too much trouble and everyone was so happy in their work...an A1 team! thank you all: )

Response from Faith McCrea, Service Manager, Emergency & Medical Services, Wishaw General Hospital

Dear R8syP8sy

Thank you very much for getting in touch and for your comments in relation to the care you received whilst an inpatient here at Wishaw General Hospital. I indeed hope that you are recovering well and your health continues to improve.

Your positive comments are very welcome and I will ensure they are fed back to the staff in Ward 4, who work so hard in ensuring the care we deliver to patients is of a high standard. I have no doubt they will be delighted for the feedback.

Regards

Faith

• R8syP8sy thinks this response is helpful

Response from Mike Hamilton, Integration Development Officer, Patient Opinion Scotland

Dear R8syPsy,

Unfortunately, we made a mistake when we tagged your story to a service. In error, we initially tagged it to Wishaw General Hospital, when we should have tagged it to Monklands General. It's all correct now, so apologies for that. Hopefully, you will soon receive a response from Monklands.

Kind regards,

Mike

Response from Ruth Thompson, Chief of Nursing Services, Monklands Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear R8syPsy

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience of care at Monklands Hospital. I was delighted to read your care from the Multidisciplinary team was so good - it will be my pleasure to pass on your kind comments, who continually strive to improve the service they deliver to patients.

I hope you are recovering well from your stay in hospital.

Ruth