"Breech baby C-section fears alleviated"

About: City Hospital campus

Our son was presenting as breech at 37 weeks, all the staff throughout the pregnancy kept us well informed and gave us all the information and advice so we felt we could make all the right decisions, an ecv was attempted but unsuccessful so we decided that a c-section was the safest option for delivery. My wife had several concerns, however all the staff were very reassuring and the operation itself was amazing, so calm and relaxed we even brought a CD for them to play in theatre whilst it happened, every member of staff; support staff, midwives, aneathesists, obstetricians, surgeons, all made us feel as though we were their absolute priority, and reassured us throughout. The after care we received was incredible too, if anyone else is concerned about having a c-section I would say Nottingham city hospital certainly do their best to make it feel as comfortable as possible, we definitely felt we were in good hands

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Great to hear that you felt well cared for and confident in your care and treatment (before, during and after!) I’ve shared your kind words with all staff.

You might wish to know that nominations are still open for our annual staff awards, NUHonours. In light of your experience I thought you might wish to nominate a member of staff or team (this would fall under the Family Health divisional category). Should you wish to do so you can nominate via our website: https://www.nuh.nhs.uk/nuhonours/

Very many congratulations on the birth of your son. Enjoy every moment of this precious time.

Thanks you so much for taking the time to get in touch.

Julia Gudgeon.

Maternity Matron, City Hospital.