"Doctor showed little interest in me"

About: Queen's Medical Centre / Cardiology

Heart attack Oct 09 admitted Queens for 3 /4 days. I thought the Doctors who saw to me showed very little interest and asked few questions. I feel like I was left with little information except I was told, “It is too deep for an operation”. However, I was not told what was too deep or where it was on what to do to alleviate in any way the problem.

I was told there was some sort of class I could attend but I felt this was without any explanation about it on what it could do to help me. In the state I was I did not appreciate the value it could be to me so I declined.

I now feel I could have made a wrong decision.

The food could be better or could be a lot worse, nursing was good. I wonder why they moved me to a different ward at 3.30am first time and 1.30am second time.

Response from Helen Limb, Patient and Public Involvement Manager, NHS Rushcliffe Clinical Commissioning Group

Thank you for taking the time to give your concern regarding your admission to NUH - Queens Medical Centre. I am sorry that your experience was not a positive one. May I suggest that if you contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service at NUH Queens Medical Centre, with more details, they may be able to find out more about the class offered to you or give you details of other classes which may be of benefit to you.Contact details for Patient Advice and Liaison Service: pals@nuh.nhs.uk or call 0800 183 0204. Best wishes