"Breastfeeding workshop at Horsham Hospital"

About: Horsham Hospital

I attended a breastfeeding workshop with Louise and another trainee midwife. Even though this is my third pregnancy I still learned new information and reminded on certain positions etc to help me be able to breastfeed successfully. I suffered mastitis with my 2 previous babies and wanted to do everything possible to avoid suffering from this again. Louise and her colleague were very knowledgeable and welcoming. I felt very grateful to have the opportunity to attend this class along with the antenatal class that I had attended a few weeks prior to this one. I think these classes are invaluable for all mums to be whether they are first time mums or third time mums! It was a very positive experience and I know that even though I suffered mastitis and still fed through it with my first two children it has given me the confidence to keep going and try a third time...hopefully without mastitis this time with the tips I have learned from the class!

I would be very grateful if you could pass on my thanks to Louise please.

Many thanks again

Response from Bill Kilvington, Assistant Director for Women and Children's, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Jilly1

Thank you for taking the time to post these positive comments, I will ensure that Louise and her student get to see this post.

Please accept my very best wishes for your forthcoming addition to your family and I hope that you have a much better breast feeding experience thrid time around.

Bill Kilvington