"Dismal hospital I do not recommend"

About: Countess Of Chester Hospital

My experience of Countess of Chester Hospital is dismal. When I went for physio on my shoulder the physio could not be more disinterested, totally unprofessional, did not wish to monitor the outcome, instead asked me to do some rehab exercises and not to come back for assessment. On another occasion I went for physio on a hip problem, physio was rude and aggressive totally unhelpful. On another occasion I went to A&E the security guard sat there listening whist I described my symptoms to the nurse on the counter, disgusting. On another occasion I visited a specialist rhuemtologist they could not even be bother to say hello when you worked through the day, again unprofessional and totally disinterested. On another occasion I saw an orthopaedic surgeon they could not be bother to spend 5 minutes with me and wanted to get out the door as soon as possible

Response from Countess Of Chester Hospital

Dear Sir/Madam

We are sorry you feel you had a negative experience when you attended in 2014. We take all patient feedback very seriously and therefore we will use your comments to see what we got wrong.

Please feel free to contact the PALs Department on Freephone 0800 195 1241 and select option 2 or email cochpals@nhs.net to give us more information about your experience.

This will also give us the opportunity to feedback to you personally regarding any improvements we have been required to make as a result of your comments.

The Patient Experience Team