"Horrendous experience"

About: Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Went in to have my son in May. Both me and my family found many of the staf on the maternity ward to be very rude, making my partner and mum feel very unwelcome and in the way. Midwife was brilliant to start with then when I said I was ready to push they didn't believe me and made me wait 20 minutes before examining me. Panicked whenever they did as, as I told them, the baby was coming. The whole way through my labour they refused to let me off the bed as they admitted they didn't know how to programme the portable monitors. They also took the gas and air off me telling me I was going to get addicted to it. The final straw was when I was told a few weeks ago that I had been given the wrong letter at birth telling me my son's hearing was fine at birth when it wasn't. So for 3 months I didn't know that my son was deaf in one ear. Will not return to this hospital for my next child.

Response from Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Many thanks for taking the time to send us your comments regarding your recent experience at the RLI and we're sorry the treatment you received wasn't what you would expect. Would you please contact our Patient Relations team on 01539 716621 to allow us to investigate further what happened? Thanks again.