"8 months on, still waiting for 'paperwork'"

I've been waiting 8 months for Highlands House to treat me. I've called them many times and they tell me they're working on it. I called them while suicidal and they've told me they're dealing with emergencies and cannot help me. They mixed up appointments multiple times and have still not got me a crisis team despite them saying multiple times that I'll have one 'by Monday', 'by the end of the week' etc. I've received no callbacks after being told I would have one. Honestly, I'm already suicidal and Highlands House made me feel like not only was it unimportant that I felt this way, but like they couldn't care less about myself or anyone else having mental health problems.

Response from Highlands House

Thank you for highlighting this issue to us.

We do aim to provide a responsive service and to ensure contacts are followed up.

In order to understand your particular case, and what might be done to improve our practices for the future could I ask that you contact Valerie Overton, Team Leader, on 01892 709211 who will be pleased to discuss matters with you.

If you are in need to contact the team for support you can make contact using the same number.

Response from Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust We have made a change

KMPT now has a Single Point of Access number for those experiencing mental health difficulties - call 0300 2220123. This is a new service and a big change in access to mental health services in Kent, enabling you to speak with a clinician about your situation.