"My admission"

About: Stepping Hill Hospital / Accident and emergency

Im a lady in my 70s and I was admitted to A &E in the early hours at the weekend by ambulance. I was in a lot of pain and vomiting and was so embarrassed but the staff soon put me at ease and made me comfortable in a small room. There was somebody at hand the whole time and they reassured me and even joked a little, trying to relax me, which they did. The department was very busy as always but somebody was popping in all the time, checking on me. After x rays around 8am I was taken to the Emergency Admissions Ward where the staff were fantastic. They were very caring, kind and friendly and soon had me settled in a bed, I had an IV drip for fluids and because I was nil by mouth they supplied me with sponge lollipops to keep my mouth moist, and vaseline so my lips wouldn't dry and crack. The doctors were polite and thoughtful in their questions and arranged a CT scan and this was all done before lunchtime. The staff on this ward are amazing, despite the pressure they work under they were bright, cheerful and efficient, the ward seemed to run like clockwork, very organised all round. After my scan I was given sandwiches and tea which was very welcome after so long without food, I was discharged the following afternoon and the staff wished me well. I could not fault anything about my stay.

Response from Stepping Hill Hospital

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments.

I am pleased to hear that you were well looked after on your attendance at our Emergency Department and on the Admissions Ward.

I have pasaed your feedback to the appropriate areas and I hope that you have now made a full recovery.

Patient and Customer Services Manager