"The Pain Clinic"

About: St Thomas' Hospital (London)

Very disappointing, lack of support and was signed off after first meeting with doctor, considering this is normally a four month wait as well you get very little for all the stress and waiting, but I only got in early due to a complaint of the long waiting times. I expected more, maybe a referral for a support clinic group or therapist to help emotionally with the pain, or a pain clinic to help deal with it, to do with my nerve pain, all they did was examine me and tell me they were signing me off. No offer of any other treatments accept a spinal injection When i asked was the injection painful they replied its an injection. Basically they didnt know if it was painful or not. I expected more support. I guess I will have to find it elsewhere.

Response from St Thomas' Hospital

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us following your recent visit to the pain clinic. We are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the outcome of your recent appointment. We would like to learn more about this. If you would like to contact our PALS team on 020 7188 8801 or email pals@gstt.nhs.uk they can liaise with the department so that we can look into this further. They may also be able to identify a support group you could join.