"Unhappy, wouldn't recommend"

About: Russells Hall Hospital

My husband has been in B4 twice during his admission and I can only say the service and care is shocking. I can understand staff shortages makes care delivery difficult, my daughter is also a nurse so I fully respect how busy they are. But what we experienced was ridiculous. During the first stay, all of my husband's belonging's went missing for a few days, however his clothing was found yet his phone and gold rings were not. After his operation and return to B4, he was neglected on several occasions, bearing in mind he is partially blind. Nurses would tell him to change his newly inserted stoma bag on his own, wouldn't bring him another urine bottle and then claim he hadn't pressed his buzzer, giving 6pm medicine at 9pm etc. We are not happy with the care delivered and something needs to be done.

Response from Russells Hall Hospital

Thank you for posting feedback about your husband’s experience of ward B4. We aim to offer the best possible care to our patients and we can only apologise that this was not your experience.

You have raised a number of issues which have been forwarded to the matron responsible for this ward. She would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you and would encourage you to contact her secretary on (01384) 456111 extension 2268 to arrange a meeting.