"Complete waste of my time and NHS time"

About: Queen's Medical Centre

Attended for an MRI scan to be told that they couldn't do half of the scans because I had eye make up on and I would have to come back another time. This was not on the letter I was sent and I was not told whilst I was sat in reception during the 45 minute delay when I could have removed it or during the questionnaire I went through with the radiologist! Not only is this a complete waste of my time and another NHS appointment but could lead to a delay in diagnoses. It is no wonder the NHS is in the state that it is. Please could someone contact me as I wish to make a formal complaint.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thanks for getting in touch. I am very sorry to read about your experience. Our poor communication resulted in you wasting your time and time not being used most effectively. It’s important we learn from this and put it right for other patients.

You can make a formal complaint by writing to our Chief Executive, Peter Homa. You can find the full details via our website here: https://www.nuh.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/pals,-patient-experience-and-complaints/complaints/

Alternatively, you can call PALS, our patient advice and liaison service, who can discuss your concerns and guide you through the complaints process. You can email them on pals@nuh.nhs.uk or call them on 0800 183 0204 to leave a message and they will get back to you.

Kind regards,

Nicola Kennedy.

Head of Radiology Services.