"Why have I been left like this?"

About: Broomfield Hospital / Gynaecology

After complaining on here some time ago about my treatment by the junior gynaecologist I was rang by a lovely lady and got to see a consultant gynaecologist two days later. He examined me and gave me a smear. He said he thought my pain was due to gastric problems and was meant to be referring me to a gastroenterologist.........still waiting I'm in agony, I'm awake all night I have severe back pain and groin pain still.....and now I receive a letter yesterday saying I should go and have a smear again as this is due to insufficient labelling of the sampling! I'm in agony I don't know why whether its gynaecological which it feels like or its gastric perhaps.

I have a feeling I have not been referred and this is affecting my life totally I can hardly walk and im in constant extreme pain. Pain is a warning something is wrong so why have I been left like this. Some nights I cant lay down at all I cannot go on in this agony any longer im waiting everyday for a letter in the post this is an emergency I have never felt such agony in my entire life.

I've rung the 111 number I think twice now but tbh what can an out of hours GP do for me? Probably nothing I'm starting to wonder if I have kidney stones due to where the pain is. Do I really have to sit on google constantly asking about my symptoms to get loads of things come up. I have ovarian cysts and fibroids but apparently these wouldn't cause me pain. That's not what the internet says all I do is sit here guessing what could possibly be wrong with me.

I feel fobbed off again and of course can never get a doctors appointment but that hardly matters as my GPs were voted the worst in essex!

Response from Jonathan Wright, Patient Experience & Voluntary Services Manager, Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust

So sorry, someone from the Outpatient Team is calling you. Please email me directly if this does not get you the help you need. jonathan.wright@meht.nhs.uk