"Hurray for my Consultant"

About: North Middlesex Hospital

My third trip to North Mid's fracture clinic was the best (the first two were pretty poor...), but I was really happy today. I booked early so I wouldn't get delayed, but still left an hour after my initial appointment time. Quicker than previously. My consultant was wonderful, explained my fracture, how bones heal, how I should use my moon boot and crutches and offered to sign me off work - none of these things had been done on my previous visits and I am particularly unhappy with my first consultant who merely told me that I would not need surgery when I didn't imagine I would. My fracture has taken an extremely long time to heal and I am almost certain it is linked to me not being signed off, but I feel so much happier about how my healing will progress now it's actually been explained to me. Can every consultant be like this one please?

Response from North Middlesex Hospital

Many thanks for comments.

Glad you had such good care from the consultant you saw last and you feel you understand your treatment and how to manage it. I am. Elizabethball1@nhs.net the managing director for surgical specialties team and I will share your comments with the team.

Thank you.