"Foundation house Taunton crisis care"

About: Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

I had to telephone 999 because I could not get the mental care I needed over last weekend. I was taken to musgrove park lacking capacity and was allied to walk out because the crisis team couldn't be bothered to turn up. They gave a feeble excuse about lack of staff. Just lucky the police were around and spotted me, who gave me time to say how I was feeling. The police don't have to do this but they were exceptional just as south western ambulance trust.

Response from Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write of your recent experience of the community mental health team in Taunton. I was very sorry to read of your experience and can only apologise that the service did not provide a standard of care that the Trust would expect. This is something that I would like to investigate on your behalf so if you are happy for the Patient Advice and Liaison Service, PALS, to take this matter further I will need some personal details. Please could you provide your full name, date of birth and address and I will start looking into this as soon as possible. You can contact the PALS team if you would like to discuss your experience further by either telephoning us on 10278 432022 or email us at pals@sompar.nhs.uk.

With kind regards