"Elderly care"

About: Lister Hospital

My 93 year old father is in the elderly care ward. He has not had a shave in 3 days. He was told "to wait his turn" which is a surprise as he is a male in a side room in a female ward!!

He has had no skin care(skin very fragile) and no help to move around "if you don't use it you lose it" - they have not heard of that obviously. He has an ulcer on his leg that has not been redressed since he was admitted.

Tonight I was so worried about his state of mind (he is absolutely compus mentis usually) that I went back to see him to find him in a gown sitting in his chair with both the windows open - and for a 93 year old it was cold. I have decided to go when it is convenient to me and do what he needs to be done. Sadly I am old enough to remember proper nursing care.

Response from Lister Hospital

We're sorry that you're having these problems - have you raised them with the ward sister or matron, as they are there to help resolve such problems.

If you haven't done that yet and would like help to do so, just contact us via generalenquiries.enh-tr@nhs.net so that we can help you get these important matters addressed quickly for you and your father.