"Excellent midwife support"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Maternity care

(as a parent/guardian),

I would like to thank the midwifes @ Wishaw General Hospital for looking after my Fiance throughout the duration of her hospital stay. We were expecting our first child and after a successful delivery of our little baby boy the help and support did not stop there. Myself and my Fiance would like to thank them for their dedication, help and support. She was being checked every 4 hours and if she wasn't, it was every 2 hours. The team were never away from her. Brilliant bunch of ladies.

Response from Lyn Clyde, Clinical Services Manager, Women's Services, NHS Lanarkshire

dear CJLaineY

Thank you so much for your lovely email in regards to the care your fiancé received here in our maternity unit at Wishaw General Hospital.

I know it can be daunting having your first baby and I am so glad to hear you felt the staff were dedicated and supportive towards you all.

I will ensure this is shared with all staff as they will appreciate you taking the time in what I imagine are busy days to share your experience.

I hope as a family you are all doing well and not having too many sleepless nights.

Lyn

• CJLaineY thinks this response is helpful