"Wait for Hospital appointment"

About: Grantham & District Hospital / Cardiology

I had a triple heart by-pass in 2007, in December 2015 I had breathing problems my GP sent me for a heart scan, they found out I had water in my lungs. My GP refered me to cardiology the week before Christmas 2015, I eventually got to see the consultant cardiologist last week. (This was only after I chased it up myself).

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Rickcasia,

We are sorry that you have experienced a delay in being seen by the Cardiology Service. At present, our patients are waiting longer than we would like for their new patient appointments.

We have had a vacant consultant post since last Autumn and have been unsuccessful in being able to recruit into this vacancy. I am pleased to confirm that we have now appointed a long-term locum consultant who can support the service at Grantham Hospital. We are also arranging for some additional clinics to be put in place in the short-term to try and reduce the waits for our patients.

Again, please accept our apologies the delay. Should you wish to provide your personal details for us to look into your case in more detail then please contact the PALS team (01476 464861) who can then pass on your details to the Cardiology Business Unit.

Vicky Medlock,