"Saved My Life."

About: Basildon University Hospital / Cardiology Colchester General Hospital / Accident and emergency East Of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust / Emergency ambulance

Recently I dialed 999 feeling ill. From the moment the First Responder arrived in Halstead within minutes. An Ambulance car arrived moments after and he decided to drive me to Colchester A&E himself rather than wait for ambulance.

The whole of the emergency teams and Cardiac teams with various aspects treated me with respect and they all went beyond duty to not only keep me alive, but also transfer me to and from Basildon cardiac centre, and back. The guys who took me there and returned me to Colchester (Barry and Dave)Cardiac drivers)) brilliant guys and great respect to them.

All the staff at Colchester emergency and all Cardiac departments I can never praise them enough, nor could I have been cared for better than I had. The staff of Colchester Ambulance drivers, A&E departments and Cardiac departments staff. I can only massively Commend them all for everything they did for me.

Your Very Humble people and I owe you more than I could ever show.

All my Thanks

Response from Tammy diles, Head of Patient Experience, Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your wonderful comments.

If you would like to discuss further please contact one of the Patient Experience Team on 01206 742881.

Tammy Diles
Head of Patient Experience

Response from Jennie Deeks, Head of Quality & Patient Experience, Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

We are so pleased that you had such good experiences throughout your care and treatment. Hoping you are feeling much better, and thank you for taking the time to give us this lovely feedback. Best wishes for your onward recovery.

Response from Marian Burgess, Patient Experience Manager, East Of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you are well on the road to recovery. Would you be able to email eoeasnt.feedback@nhs.net with the date and the location the crew attended. With this information I will be able to trace the specific staff and pass on you kind words of appreciation.