"Despicable waiting times"

About: Glenfield Hospital

Went in by recommendation of 111 due to chest pains and raised blood pressure. Upon entering Glenfield hospital I was given an ECG and blood test which after 3 hours still received no results or contact. I was then given a chest x-Ray again no results given. Not helpful for someone potentially having respiratory or heart problems! I then had to self discharge and call up to be given my results very vaguely which didn't really help and told that I was a low priority. Why keep me in if I am low priority? Also my GP won't be given any results as I self discharged. I can't afford to park all day as I live on the opposite side of the city and I am unfortunately not well off. I would rather wait till something is serious and call an ambulance. I bet I could be buried quicker than the doctors could see me at Glenfield Hospital. Would genuinely rather get seriously ill than go back.

Response from Glenfield Hospital

Dear Reviewer,

We are sorry to hear about your concerns with the level of care and delays you experienced at Glenfield. We would like to investigate further in order that we can provide a response to your complaints so could you please send us your details (Name, address, date of birth and NHS number) by emailing Paul.Saunders@uhl-tr.nhs.uk.

Kind regards,