"Midwifery care"

About: Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital

I was a bit nervous going in for an elective caesarean section, but I shouldn't have been. The theatre staff were fantastic and put me st ease.  having my husband in theatre from the start was fantastic, and made us both more relaxed.

We got to see baby as soon as she was born and got lots of skin to skin following.

The aftercare on ward 16 was great, especially Carla, who spent lots of time helping me breast feed and get back on my feet.

All in all a much better experience than my previous caesarean section.

Response from Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital

Dear Linola,

Many congratulations on the birth of your daughter – such an exciting time for you, your husband and family I'm sure . Thank you for sharing your story with us. It is lovely to read about all the things that made the difference and allowed your birthing experience to be as positive as it was.

I do hope you are finding some time to care for yourself after surgery. Please let us know if there's anything you need.

I will make sure that our midwives, the theatre team and especially Carla have the chance to read your wonderful review. I know the feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes to you, your husband and your daughter,

Annie Laverty – Director of Patient Experience