"Care for my Dad"

About: South West London And St George's Mental Health NHS Trust / Adult mental health

My Dad suffers from a form of mental illness and lives alone in London. In mid 2015, his health detoriated as a result of pests in his home, which could not be controlled. My dad comes under the community psychiatric team at Wandsworth CMHT.  His local care Nurse, John , when visiting him one day, decided to get in contact with me with regards to my Dad's health and well being.

Throughout the whole episode of getting my Dad out of the current home he was in and into a warden controlled self-contained flat, John showed exceptional proactivity in assisting me with pushing his case forward and getting him re-housed swiftly.

Throughout the period it took to get my Dad re-housed, John always kept me in the loop on progress and updated me on my Dads health since I lived 45 miles away and could only visit at weekends.

I am pleased to say that my Dad is now very happy in his new flat, which had to be refurnished from scratch and thanks to John, who suggested going to the British Heart Foundation, my Dad's flat is funished and John also managed to secure a Fridge/Freezer for him too.

I sincerely hope these praises of John's help and support are passed on to him via this feedback route.

Response from Jane Healey, Patient Experience Lead, Governance, South West London and St George's Mental Health Trust

Dear Clee, my name is Jane and I am one of the Patient Experience Leads for the Trust.

Many thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on our services and for your kind and positve words about John. It is also a delight to read such positive feedback about our staff and your posting has already been passed onto John and others in the team.

I am pleased to learn that your dad is now happy in his new flat and I would like to wish you and him well in the future.

Jane
  • Clee doesn't think this response is helpful
    {{helpful}} of {{totalOthers()}} other people think it is helpful