"Absolutely appalling emergency department"

About: Queen's Medical Centre

Absolutely appalling. My dad was taken by ambulance after suffering another stroke as was keep waiting for over an hour on a trolley with the paramedics before being assessed. Their was 5 patients including my farther queing iin the hall to be seen. The ambulance bay was full which meant ambulances having to park on the roadway. Their wasn't any chairs free to wait and the only drinks machine was broken so I was left standing around with nerve damage in legs meaning I was in pain the entire time and couldn't even get a drink to take my medication.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

I’m sorry to hear that you and your father had such a poor experience. I think it would be beneficial to discuss with you in more detail so I can look into your concerns more fully. If you would like me to do so, you can contact me by email on lucy.thow@nuh.nhs.uk or call 0115 9249924 ext. 70181.

Kind regards,

Lucy Thow.

Matron, Emergency Department.

Response from Stroke Association, Stroke Association

We noticed your post and were sorry to hear of your dad’s stroke and your experience at Queen’s Medical Centre.

We provide information, practical guidance and emotional support to anyone affected by stroke. If you would like to talk to us, the Stroke Helpline is open Monday, Thursday and Friday from 9.00am to 5.00pm and on Tuesday and Wednesday from 9.00am to 1.00pm. The helpline number is 0303 30 33 100. You can also email us at info@stroke.org.uk.

I hope that your dad is now getting the support that he needs to make the best recovery possible.

Best wishes

Stroke Information Service

Stroke Association staff are not medically trained and the information provided does not replace information given to you by your own healthcare provider.