"Very positive experience in the eye clinic"

About: Dumfries & Galloway Royal Infirmary / Ophthalmology

I have attended the Ophthalmic clinic at Dumfries & Galloway Royal Infirmary for a number of years and to be honest it always means writing off the better part of the day attending.

Despite this all the staff are great and obviously dealing with a very busy department and genuinely doing their best. Visits usually involve multiple tests, eye drops, scans and lengthy waits between each before seeing the Dr and if you are unwell it can be and is gruelling.

However, earlier this week it was evident something had changed. I had the same #Hellomynameis nurse much of the time and certainly a reduced time between everything. In an era when there is much criticism is about the NHS I can vouch for for a very positive experience in the eye clinic and felt praise was due.

Response from Yvonne Jack, Patient Services Officer, NHS Dumfries & Galloway

Dear PatientPatient

I am pleased that you had such a positive experience whilst using our service. The Ophthalmology team constantly strive to improve the service they provide and it is reassuring to know that their hard work has been recognised.

I have shared your comments with the staff involved in your care, as I know they will appreciate your kind words. We are indeed fortunate to have such a committed and dedicated staff within NHS Dumfries and Galloway and it is always heartening for staff to receive such positive feedback.

• PatientPatient thinks this response is helpful