"Tavy Ward Ambulatory Care Unit"

About: Derriford Hospital

I was sent to the Ambulatory Care Unit by my GP. I spent three days in and out of the unit having a lot of tests run.

I was most impressed by the staff who were working well as a team and under pressure. One Nurse Practitioner stood out among all the kind people, seemed to take ownership of my problem and followed through with my care every step of the way. They are a credit to the NHS.

I was also impressed by The Dr I saw who gave me choices to help solve my problem. Even the catering staff has warm, cheery smiles.

Thank you all so much. David

Response from Claire Jukes, Patient Experience Support, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear David

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences of the care and cheery smiles you received from our Ambulatory Care Unit and catering staff. As we make every effort to provide the highest standard of care and treatment at all times, it was fantastic to read your positive comments.

I will ensure a copy of your letter is shared with the teams involved in your care, including our housekeeping team who are employed under SERCO. Comments of support and thanks are so important to our staff and I know they will be very grateful to read your positive comments.

With best wishes