"Ambulance arrival time"

About: Morriston Hospital / Accident and emergency Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust

(as a carer),

I called ambulance in the early hours of the morning telling them my husband was in severe pain and has a possible perforated ulcer. My husband has long history of stomach issues including a previous perforation so he knew what it was. I told 999 operator this. I had call back around forty minutes later from someone asking the same questions and they said "I will escalate this to emergency now" when I said I would drive my husband they told me not to as ambulances were busy but would be there asap. Over two hours after my first call, I called 999 again as they still hadn't shown up got told they would need to log new call. Started answering questions when about a minute or two later ambulance arrived.

My husband was in resus section of a&e by the time I arrived. He had a perforation which caused hole in stomach. They operated but my husband was in ITU for 5 days nearly died of sepsis as his heart valve wasn't pumping.

He has since suffered flashbacks of hallucinations he had whilst there and hair loss. 2 hours 10 mins is not acceptable for a life threatening condition like this. I think the call must have been coded wrong. Really angry.