"Social Inclusion and Wellbeing Service"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Adult Mental Health Services - Community (City)

(as a volunteer/advocate),

I gained good advice from the Social Inclusion and Wellbeing Service (SIWS). They helped me to get out, were very positive and friendly. It felt more like a chat, and helped my confidence. They held me back from doing too much at once, made sure I was enjoying what I was doing.

Before I was involved with the service, it was quite bad. I was in the house all the time. If I went out, it was with my Mum.

I did a photography course and went to the Recovery College, where I did a few courses. Then I went on to volunteering with Scope, befriending. I was introduced to Scope by the SIWS Volunteer Co-ordinator. The befriending was just me and her, and I have carried on with this. Then I joined a group for young people with learning disabilities. A project was set up for young people and their befrienders to meet together as a group, every 2 weeks. There are various activities for young people.

I feel a bit more confident. The only problem is that my time with the Service is coming to an end. I would like to have ongoing support from the team, and also for the meetings to be more often.

Response from Julie Swann, Team Leader, Social Inclusion and Well-being Service, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Laura1234,

Thank you for your posting. It is wonderful to hear that the social inclusion service have supported you with several opportuinites that have made you feel more confident.

I am sorry to hear that your time is coming to an end and you would like to have on going support. We are a time limited service, you could discuss this with your worker to see if there is another organisation that could support you

I will pass on your comments to the team

Kind Regards