"I couldn't have had any better care"

About: Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow / General medicine

I couldn't have had any better care in ward 8A. Personal care I've had has been phenomenal. I was treated like a queen. All staff gave me a wave and a "hello" when they passed my door. All the staff, carers, sister, nurses were all as friendly as each other. Any patient would be lucky to come here. The nurses and auxiliaries always had time to stop and chat and that made everything 10 times better for me.

Dear baileymunchkin,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us about your recent stay in Ward 8A. It is so lovely to hear that you had such consistently good care from all or the staff on the ward, but what is really important to highlight is the simplicity of the actions that really made a difference to you. So often we focus on things that seem difficult to get right, however you have shown how valuable a smile, a wave or a couple of minutes chat can be.

I look forward to passing on your comments to the team - I'm sure they will be delighted to you have been in touch.

Best Wishes,

Lorna

On behalf of the staff of 8a it means a lot that we made your hospital stay a positive one and thank you so much for taking the time to put this lovely message on the site.

Sister Campbell (8a)