"Recent visit to Out Patient appointment"

About: United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

I requested a review of my current treatment for a longstanding lower back pain condition. The appointment arrived very quickly and was within a few weeks of requesting - excellent.

On attending the OPD, the seating had been altered and consisted of a bank of interlinked seats, all at the same level and of the same size.

For me it was an issue sitting on this seating comfortably and then getting up from it comfortably without causing discomfort.

The doctor and nurse in the clinic were marvellous, attentive and the doctor listened to me and was able to suggest an alternative treatment.

I did mention the seating at the consultation time, as the seats in the consulting room were also not conducive to pain sufferers, people with mobility problems etc.

Response from Chris Sharman, Patient Experience Support Officer, Patient Experience, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Bruin,

Thanks very much for your feedback, which I would like to be able to pass on to the appropriate team for their consideration and response.

Unfortunately, your posting does not show which of our hospitals you visited.

If you would be good enough to e-mail me at Christopher.sharman@ulh.nhs.uk, confirming which hospital you attended, I can ensure they see and respond to your comments.

With best regards,

Chris Sharman

Patient Experience Support Officer.

Dear Bruin,

Thank you for contacting me with details of the hospital you visited. I will pass these comments on to my colleagues at Pilgrim hospital for their consideration.

I am sure they will want to respond to your feedback through the Patient Opinion website..

Best regards,

Chris

• Bruin thinks this response is helpful

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Bruin,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on the Patient Opinion website, following your recent appointment in the Outpatient Department.

Your comments are extremely valuable, and clearly demonstrate that one type of seating does not suit all. Our staff are fully committed to improving patient experience, and we will be reviewing the seating in the waiting areas, to ensure we have a variety of different types available.

It is wonderful to hear that the doctor and nurse in the clinic were marvellous, I will share your comments with our outpatients staff.

With Kind Regards,

Beverley Duncan

Sister - Outpatients Department.