"opthalmic waiting times"

About: Hairmyres Hospital / Ophthalmology

I submitted a concern about waiting time uncertainty after reply spoke to a member of customer service team who suggested that I would be put on cancellation list although probably done with best intentions this also proved to be unsuccessful so what is the matter with this process.

I think it is wrong to build up hope that you will be seen if there is a cancellation but if this list is also full what is the point. This is so disappointing I am submitting this concern to the Health Ombudsman to see I they can find out the true problem.

Response from Graham Simpson, Service Manager, Surgical Services, Hairmyres Hospital

Dear digit

I am sorry to hear that you are still waiting for an appointment.

We are continuing to work on improving the waiting times for ophthalmology.

If you would like to contact Christine McNeil, Patient affairs manager, on 01355 585325 I will review the length of time you have waited for an appointment and what options are available.

Many thanks
  • digit doesn't think this response is helpful
    {{helpful}} of {{totalOthers()}} other people think it is helpful

Dear Digit

Further to our phone call we are unfortunately not in a position to offer you an appointment at the moment.

We are working on several areas of the service to reduce the length of time people are waiting for an appointment.

Please contact me as above if you would like any further information.

Many thanks