"Thank you everone"

About: Watford General Hospital

My mum, Sheila, came into Gade ward via acute admissions because she had sepsis and pneumonia. She was looked after, treated with respect and dignity from the word go (starting with ambulance staff). I was so surprised, not how I remember hospitals years ago. All staff from doctors, nurses through to cleaners, carers were professional, polite, helpful and very hard working. When she arrived she was on a trolley in a corridor for ages, but the staff were so kind it made all the difference. On the ward she was made comfortable, the food was good and they listened to my mum, going out of their way to make her what she liked. Friendly and approachable. At first she was seriously ill due to complications but she pulled through and was upset at the thought of leaving the hospital because the staff were so good at their jobs. So thanks very much to everyone who saved my mum's life and restored my faith in the NHS. Amazing!

Response from Watford General Hospital

Many thanks for your kind comment. We are pleased to hear that your mum received exceptional care from our staff. It is always nice to hear that we are succeeding in doing this. We will be sure to pass on your feedback to the ward manager.