"BLADDER CANCER - Wonderful service"

About: Raigmore Hospital / Urology

Our NHS is fabulous. January 2015 I saw blood in urine, my GP in Dornoch referred me to Raigmore. Within a week I had a camera search which revealed the cancerous 'coral reef' growing in my bladder.

Within three weeks I was operated on, an aggressive tumour type identified. Then a 6-week course of chemotherapy [BCG substitute] injected into my bladder. New growths found, more operations to burn it out. During 2015/16 I had four operations in total, and a continuing course of BCG chemotherapy. the last camera search found no new growths. Bladder healing up nicely it seems.

Throughout this worrying time the staff [surgeon M. Bonnin and team] were superb, both efficient and sympathetic. As was the Urolgy nurse [McKenzie].

I have moved away from the Highlands and thank everyone at Raigmore and the NHS for, I hope, saving my life. [Age 63]

Response from katherine sutton, Deputy Director of Operations, NHS Highland

Dear Single Malt,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post on patient opinion, we are really grateful for all feedback.

Mr Bonin and his team work really hard to provide the best possible service to all their patients. Feedback such as this is very rewarding to receive and I will pass on your grateful thanks to our team.

Kind regards,