"ward 20b solihull hospital"

About: Solihull Hospital / Older people's healthcare

lack of food. given a pasty for an evening meal due to not having enough hot meals to cover all of the patients and that was all that was left other elderly patients having to miss the evening meal as none of the food was suitable. staff when spoken to did not even apologise or try and find suitable food they dismissed it in a very rude manner. 2 drink rounds even though it states that there would be 7 drink rounds through out the day. my mother is under nourished as it is and also dehydrated so the drinks and the food should be part of the basic needs and also her basic human right.

members of the medical team speaking to myself and my mother about her condition in front of all the patients and visitors with out even pulling the curtains round for some kind of privacy. the consultation was heard by most of the people in the bay which was very distressing for my mother.

Dear Kaity

Thank you for your post regarding your mother's inpatient experience on Ward 20b at Solihull Hospital.

I am sorry to learn of your concerns and would like the opportunity to discuss this in more detail and obtain some more information from you.

Can I please ask that you contact a member of the Patient Services Team at your convenience on: 0121 424 0808 or alternatively, you can email us on:

We look forward to hearing from you.

Marie Helebert