My husband went to the minor injuries on 29/7/16 due to having rectal bleeding. After approximately an hour my husband asked at reception whether there was a delay to which the receptionist replied "there is still a patient in there who is very poorly" although two other patients had already come out. About half an hour later my husband was called and went in. He described all his symptoms however they didn't do any examinations didn't check temperature or anything and then sent him on his way. This happened again so I rang 111 and asked for advice. The out of hours Dr from Musgrove park rang back and couldn't believe my husband hadn't been checked even though they believed it to be nothing serious they said they should have checked to rule out any other problems. So I'm very unhappy with Bridgwater hospital.

Response from Bridgwater Community Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on the NHS Choices website. I am very sorry to hear that you had a poor experience whilst visiting one of our minor injury units (MIUs). Your comments have been passed onto the appropriate management. However, if you would like to contact the PALS team on 01278 432022, or email PALS@sompar.nhs.uk we could look into this matter in more detail, and find out why things went wrong for your husband on this occasion. We hope that your husband feels a lot better soon.

Kind regards,