"Admission to A and E 22nd July"

About: Lister Hospital

Thank you very much for your excellent care. Your professional and loving care was much appreciated. Concerns were dealt with promptly. My companion and I were well "fed and watered ", also much appreciated. The difficulties and pressures you experience due to the enormous work load appears unacceptable. Why was QE2 A and E closed?!! ( I am a concerned, retired registered nurse)

Response from Lister Hospital

Thank you for the feedback, which we have shared with our colleagues in the Listet's emergency department. We also hope that you're now feeling better.

On the case of the changes between the Nrw QEII and Lister, nearly £20 million was invested in a new emergency department at the Luster which meant that the new service had greater capacity (and much better facilities) than the two former A&E units combined.

On top of that the New QEII has a 24/7 urgent care service that now sees as many people as its former A&E. The outcome has been falling mortality rates since the new service opened in Ictober 2014. Hope that helps give you more reassurance